Overview of ILPS-27 Series LVIT Linear Position Sensor
An overview of the ILPS-27 series LVIT Linear Position Sensor
The ILPS-27 series of linear position sensors from Harold G. Schaevitz Industries offers reliable long-life operation utilizing LVIT linear variable inductance technology.
LVIT technology consists of a high resolution inductive sensing coil element coupled to built-in smart electronics. A conductive tube referred to as a Spoiler travels over the coil element changing the inductance. The smart electronics then generate an analog output signal that is proportional to the change in stroke.
ILPS-27 LVITs are versatile devices that are used in a wide range of commercial and industrial applications, including automotive testing, automated assembly systems, and packaging equipment.
The ILPS-27 is available in measuring ranges up to 18 inches with choices of analog voltage, current, or digital output signals. Analog output signals are adjustable using the SenSet field calibration feature.
The housing is constructed of 1 inch O.D. aluminum or stainless steel, and rated to IP-67.
ILPS-27 LVITs are rugged, dependable, and have an excellent stroke-to-length ratio, making them an ideal solution for your demanding application.
- Automotive and Industrial Testing
- Steering Position Feedback
- Automated Assembly Systems
- Packing Equipment
- LVIT Technology™ (Linear Variable Inductance Transducer)
- Contactless operation
- Excellent stroke-to-length ratio
- Proprietary Senset™ field adjustable range scalingIP-67 rated connector or cable terminations
- SenSet™ field adjustable range scaling
Key Electrical and Functional Specifications
- Power Input: 12 to 30 Volts DC
- Analog Outputs: Voltage to 10 VDC or 4-to-20 mA
- Non-linearity: ≤ ±0.25% of Full Range Output
- Resolution: 0.025% of Full Range Output
- Response: 300 Hz nominal update rate
- Operating Environment: -20 to 105 C, 95% RH