Overview of ILPS-19 Series LVIT Linear Position Sensor
An overview of the ILPS-19 series LVIT Linear Position Sensor
The ILPS-19 series of linear position sensors from Harold G. Schaevitz Industries offers reliable long-life operation utilizing LVIT linear variable inductance technology.
LVIT technology consists of a high resolution inductive sensing coil element coupled to built-in smart electronics. A conductive tube referred to as a Spoiler travels over the coil element changing the inductance. The smart electronics then generate an analog output signal that is proportional to the change in stroke.
ILPS-19 LVITs are versatile devices that are used in a wide range of commercial and industrial applications, including automotive testing, automated assembly systems, and packaging equipment.
The ILPS-19 is available in measuring ranges up to 8 inches with choices of analog voltage, current, or digital output signals. Analog output signals are adjustable using the SenSet field calibration feature.
The housing is constructed of 3/4 inch O.D. aluminum or stainless steel, and rated to IP-67.
ILPS-19 LVITs are economical, compact, and have an excellent stroke-to-length ratio, making them an ideal solution for your demanding application.
- Automotive and Industrial Testing
- Steering Position Feedback
- Automated Assembly Systems
- Packing Equipment
- LVIT Technology™ (Linear Variable Inductance Transducer)
- Contactless operation
- Excellent stroke-to-length ratio
- Proprietary Senset™ field adjustable range scalingIP-67 rated connector or cable terminations
- SenSet™ field adjustable range scaling
Key Electrical and Functional Specifications
- Power Input: 12 to 30 Volts DC
- Analog Outputs: Voltage to 10 VDC or 4-to-20 mA
- Non-linearity: ≤ ±0.25% of Full Range Output
- Resolution: 0.025% of Full Range Output
- Response: 300 Hz nominal update rate
- Operating Environment: -20 to 105 C, 95% RH